Cooking time for a Lamb Roast is in a table below.
Good old Aussie slowly cooked lamb roast for the family.
I always ask my local butcher to bone out a nice leg of lamb. Most good butchers will roll it into a net for you.
My lamb roast is a simple one with Rosemary and Salt.
Lamb Roast Method
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- With a small sharp knife cut several slits into the lamb.
- Poke rosemary sprigs into the slits
- Rub generously with rock salt
- Place in the preheated oven.
- Roast for the first 30 minutes uncovered or until a lovely golden colour.
- Cover with foil for the rest of the roasting time.
- Rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Cooking time for a Lamb Roast
These cooking times are per 500g
Rare 20-25 minutes
Medium 25-30 minutes
Well Done 30-35 minutes
There is nothing better than a perfect Aussie roast with delicious roasted vegetables and some steamed green vegetables. It’s everyone’s family favourite.
If you ever have a large crowd to fed Aussie Grown Catering can do it for you.
About Aussie Grown Catering
We provide on-site spit roast catering for Penrith, Windsor, Richmond, Castle Hill, Parramatta, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Sutherland Shire, Eastern Suburbs, Northern Beaches, CBD.
Aussie Grown Catering service the Blue Mountains, Lithgow, Bathurst, Central Coast, and South Coast.
However – Outside a 40km radius from Penrith will occur a travel charge. The price will be given with your quote.
We make a difference by cooking and preparing on-site.
Call us now to book in your next event Phone 0433 970 818